Saturday, April 17, 2010

I love being Mommy!

I know I complain and lament about our difficulties a lot on here so I thought it was time to post about the good things in my life.

I love being a mommy because:
  • every morning I wake up to the sounds a building blocks clicking together and Lex "talking" to himself.
  • I get to snuggle with an adorable boy pretty much anytime I'd like.
  • every day is an adventure.
  • every evening I get a hug from a freshly clean boy straight out of the tub.
  • running around the apartment giggling and roaring like a dinosaur is a great aerobic activity.
  • sharing half of everything I want to eat is a great way to cut calories.
  • I'm happier more often.
  • it's not so odd to have a Pix.ar movie on to enjoy.
  • I can get super cute kid related checks and everyone understands why I have Light.ening Mc.Queen on them.
  • I laugh at least 50 times a day.
  • shopping is no longer a chore, but an adventure to see how fast we can get done or how much Lex has added to the cart (where did the 6 boxes of animal crackers come from???)
  • I get to enjoy new words or activities on a regular basis.
  • a date at Mc.Dona.ld's with my boy is the best way to end a long work day.

While I do have a hard time remembering to be happy some days because of Lex's limitations I also have so many more reasons to be happy. As far as we know right now he'll be moving back to the 18-23 month classroom by May. I think this is the best first step for him right now. His teachers in that room were more than willing to have him back and they are really his two favorite teachers in the daycare. I'm also looking into further intervention services or a personal care assistant for him. I don't know what the school district will be providing him when turns 3 but I should be finding out some of that information in a few weeks since they will be evaluating him in May. Lex's speech therapist has yet to send his recommendation for the autism diagnosis to Lex's doctor but she and I have been discussing it lately and she will most definitely be signing off on the diagnosis and said any services we need her to sign off on or any referrals we want she will do. She's the primary doctor I work with at the clinic so we are pretty lucky to have such a good relationship with her.

No comments: