Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where has time gone?

Yesterday was Lex's 18 month well child. Honestly when did he start to grow up? I suppose the walking and ignoring most of what I say should have been a hint... The appointment was pretty run of the mill, go over all the same crap they went over 3 months ago, examine him and ask my concerns. I mentioned how I'm a little worried about his lack of speech and how I think he has allergies. Nothing really came of the allergies concern, at least nothing I don't do already. We are getting a referral to speech therapy though. She agreed that he was short of words they'd expect for a kid his age. She did recommend in the meantime to cut down on his use of sippy cups at home and use regular cups. This scares the crap out of me, she doesn't see the mess he makes with the "no spill" sippy cups, but if it'll help him learn to speak I'll give it a shot.

1 comment:

Patty said...

You could also try straw cups. The straws are supposed to help strengthen the cheek and mouth muscles, and are sometimes recommended for kids with speech delays. Good luck! Speech therapy is fun, for my boy anyways.