Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our less than wonderful day

Today was not the best day for me and Lex, Lex especially.

First thing Lex climbed in my lap on the couch to hang his feet over the edge and while I had my head turned (playing on Facebook) he fell flat on the floor, I don't know what happened he just fell. Next, Lex was playing and the kitten tripped him and he fell flat on his face. Then he was intently looking at a block he was playing with and walked into the door frame for our hall. Finally, he was playing with his wagon and pinched his thumb under the side rail. Out of all that he only ended up with a small cut on his top lip and one just below his lower lip. (Thankfully because next week at daycare is picture day and goodness knows I would like some nice pictures.)

Then at naptime he was fighting me to put him down to sleep and swung his leg and caught my nose. I was in immediate pain and tears. Thankfully I only had a little pink discharge and the pain. I still called in and since my dr was out the other doc told me to just take my pain meds (I ran out after the kitten "snuggled" my nose.) and ice it as needed. I still have a bit of a headache but overall I'm feeling better.

Lex is back in his toddler bed and overall doing well. He doesn't like to go to bed while it's still light out and so bedtime is moving back a little bit to accomodate this. Right now he's busy playing with the blocks he got for his birthday, he has become very interested in stacking and "building" with his blocks lately. He has also said a couple new words so right now his list is, Mama, Dada, Nana, hot, kah (cat), yay and ooo. I still worry about his lack of speech so when we see the doc for his 18 month check up I'm going to bring it up again. I'm also going to ask her about allergies. I think he has his mama's allergies. He has a really hard time breathing through his nose and more often than not just breathes through his mouth. I feel like I'm always wiping clear snot from his lip. I don't know what she'll tell me to do but I don't want to keep giving him benadryl because it makes him sooooo sleepy. My main concern if he has allergies is that it could be affecting his hearing, I have problems with my allergies and the first thing affected is my ears.

No comments: