Friday, July 23, 2010

Best part of my day.

Since I know sometimes I can have a hard time seeing the good things in my life I wanted to share the best part of my day.

It wasn't the fact that the doctor I work for wasn't on call. It wasn't that instead of the 19 patients a day we've been seeing we saw 10 out of the 11 scheduled. It wasn't knowing that my brother was picking up his puppy and that meant no more puddles on my floors. It wasn't even the peanut butter bar the doctor I work with bought me.

It was the 10 or so minutes I spent on the floor just cuddling, playing and laughing. I didn't focus on the fact he was doing so well at holding his attention. I didn't focus on the dozen or so finger prints followed by occasional drops of spit on my glasses. Instead I focused on his laugh, so contagious it makes me smile just to think about it. I focused on the kisses that turned into playful bites on my cheeks and shoulders. I focused on what an amazing child he is, how lucky I am to have him and how excited I am to be home with him all day tomorrow, even if I won't feel that way after a full day of trying to keep him and our dog out of trouble. Tonight for that short while it was just about a boy and his mom and their shared joy, laying on the floor, making noises and memories.

No comments: